Who We Serve
- Students at Friends University seeking a first or second degree in Christian spiritual formation and aspiring to join a new generation of Christ-like leaders.
- Churches desiring to develop extraordinary discipleship and spiritual formation ministries.
- Like-minded organizations seeking to collaborate and build lasting partnerships worldwide.
What We Do
- Educate and equip students and members with a comprehensive, compelling, and practical approach.
- Applied research projects that are aimed at advancing the field of Christian spiritual formation.
- Provide resources for personal and community transformation.
The vision of the Apprentice Institute is the renewal of the world and the Church through the formation of new people and new communities who have begun living a radical Christian life in conformity to the teachings of Jesus, as his apprentices, in the midst of the world, whether in secular or ministry positions.
To educate the current and next generation of leaders.
To resource individuals, churches, pastors, and ministries in the work of Christian spiritual formation.
To research and advance the field of Christian spiritual formation.
The guiding principles that will daily influence our organization’s internal conduct as well as our relationship with the external world. We commit to daily think and act in harmony with our Core Values.
- Kenosis – The beauty and goodness of self-sacrifice for the good of others.
- The Inner Light – God speaks directly to all people, which demonstrates the equality and dignity of all persons, regardless of race, creed, or gender.
- Honesty – Integrity of speech in all we do, free from the need to “spin” the truth.
- Listening – Openness and responsiveness to God through waiting and discernment.
- Generosity – Sharing our resources with any and all in need as a response to God’s self-giving grace (kenosis).
- Simplicity – An inward condition of contentment that frees us from the burden of needing to impress others.
- Education – A deep love of learning that engenders a desire to train the hearts, souls and minds of the next generation of leaders.
- Excellence – Glorifying God through the quality of our work.
- Value Creation – Using our God-given resources to create real, long-term value in all we do for the benefit of our organization, our investors, our customers, our partnering organizations, and ultimately, God’s Kingdom.
- Stewardship – Diligently committing to the responsible management and cultivation of the resources entrusted.